Empower parents and caregivers of children with autism to speak up and advocate to meet the needs of the children with autism
- Provide educational opportunities for parents and caregivers of children with autism to learn and understand the rights granted under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and other such Statutes
- Encourage parents and caregivers to fulfill their role as the voices of their children EDUCATE parents and caregivers of children with Autism, EMPOWER these individuals to speak up for the special needs children, and provide RESPITE for these families.
Autism Foundation of Tampa Bay has the vision to create an Autism Support Center that provides educational resources, respite care and advocacy support services for children and families affected by Autism.
- Educate families of children with autism
- Empower parents and adults responsible for children with autism to speak up and advocate to meet the needs of the children with autism
- Provide respite care for family members of children with autism
The Principals of Autism Foundation of Tampa Bay have had and continue to have personal and professional experience in the care of children with autism and understand that these individuals with special needs have the best opportunity to meet the potential granted them by their God and Creator when their parents are educated, empowered and well-rested enough to speak up for and advocate for their children.
As a result, the Principals have established this foundation to raise community awareness about this condition, raise funds to meet these outlined goals, create an opportunity for specialists in the therapeutic fields to provide their services to these children and develop a center where members of the community can volunteer in the care of these children.